Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why?

A good friend of mine turned me on to being purposeful in all things. Even more specifically, being purposeful in my walk with God.
I came to know Jesus Christ as the Lord of my life a little over 9 years ago. Since that time, the Lord God has allowed my faith to grow. Slow at times and other times rapidly. Over the past few years I have supplemented my daily devotional time with sermons and books.
As God teaches me, I would like to share and encourage others as I am led.

My mentor and great friend encouraged me to journal to keep a record of what the Lord has been teaching me and allow God to help me think out some of these things a little more to build confidence in my beliefs and convictions, all for the glory of God. Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to write down, in journal form, the wisdom the Lord has been teaching me to have record for me, my wife, my children and my children's children. It is also in the hopes that it will bear much fruit to those who read it.

The title comes from Romans 11:33 which says,
"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!"

The more God teaches me through His Word, the more it blows me away that the Creator of everything deeply desires a relationship with His creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment